Great, my motherboard and case don't fit..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairPlay

In Runtime
Right so, I have a very simple and lame Dell Inspiron 531 case which doesn't fit properly with my Asus P8P67 Motherboard.

The problem is, the back panel (motherboard tray I think?) on the inspiron case, doesn't come off...

So I need to buy a case that has a removable one, how do I know if a case has a removable one or not?

I just need a simple, cheap case that will fit atm. (UK)

Do you mean the actual motherboard tray, or the right side panel of the case? Removable motherboard trays are nice but useless in many ways as today's coolers tend to be taller than the opening in the back of the case.

Dell cases only fit Dell mother boards. You will need any case to fit your new mother board. They all will work to fit the Asus mother board.

Ah right, I'm starting to realise why people hate Dell... -.-'

Thanks guys so much I only had an hour window for in which to buy one for next day delivery. What I mean is the back piece that can be altered to the Motherboard with the holes for the ports at the back (USB etc.)

I think you mean the I/O shield? The metal panel that all the rear ports poke through? If so... it is removable. Most of them are simply wedged in place (for lack of a better description). Your Asus board should have came with the one for it.

Since you may or may not be reusing the Dell case, go ahead and remove the motherboard and try popping the I/O shield out. I usually use the handle of a screwdriver. just hit it from the outside, knocking it in toward the inside of the case, starting at one end of it. It should pop free. Once you have it out the other one pops in from the inside.

Unfortunately Dell cases I've just found out are completely different shaped and set out -___-'

the I/O shield (thanks I had no idea how to define it) is what I was talking about, it's in the wrong place and it doesn't come off of the case in the current case. I just bought another one very cheap until I have some money for an obsidian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom