Graphics Upgrade - advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have yet another (slow) 500GB HDD (5400rpm....yeeeeeeuch...) so im gonna back up all my critical documents onto that (it operates as a NAS but was never fast enough because of my wireless lan). i will probably shove some of my docs onto that or just take the drive and keep it as a third backup HDD.

If you have to do sli now with new cards I would suggest a single evga gtx260, see how things go down the road, and you might just be able to step up to an awesome die shrinked card, or you can just sli that gtx260, which btw are GREAT cards.

Well in a couple months or so anything could be out. I think it is wise to just keep waiting if you want to go with nvidia. Because atm it just wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to go with nvidia over ATI in certain things. Although the gtx280 looks pretty nice since prices keep going down.

^^ i agree. however, right now nvidia is going through a tough time, and ATI is winning, but nvidia will knock prices down seriously to make sales, at that point i can scoop up a monitor and gfx card for a lot cheaper than now (plus they may well be faster)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom