graphics update options

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
My setup is in my sig, im wondering what my best upgrade options will be. Thinking going for another 7800gtx and putting a SLI (since they are so cheap on ebay now) or going for a 8600GTS and installing vista, or maybes a better cpu, something like a 6000+

I havent kept up with the market of recent months so dont know what the best value for money is. . .

advice is appricaited.

the 7800GTX in SLI will serve you better. But make sure you get it for super cheap. I suggest finding one on Craigslist instead in your local area and avoid paying shipping and having to bid.

OR

You could sell your GTX and get an 8800GT and overclock that X2 3800

ill probably overclock my 3800, and i think i can get another 7800gtx for about £50 (GBP) just need to find my sli bridge. Just looking on ebuyer they have the 6400 for £100 (GBP) which i cannot believe.

ill probably overclock my 3800, and i think i can get another 7800gtx for about £50 (GBP) just need to find my sli bridge. Just looking on ebuyer they have the 6400 for £100 (GBP) which i cannot believe.

if you want to upgrade cpu..5000+ black editon.. best bang for your buck.. IMO

it's not entirely neccesary for the time being, updating your graphics card will give you a better edge for now, consider upgrading once you want to go the quad-core route, hopefully once Phenoms become a decent option (at the moment, they are not, IMO)

ill probably overclock my 3800, and i think i can get another 7800gtx for about £50 (GBP) just need to find my sli bridge.

For £50, I'd just sell that 7800GTX of yours and get the 8800GT.

£50 where the **** from?

also, if i got say 50quid for my 7800gtx, ill still need to be paying 130 for 8800gt is at the moment more than im willing to pull out.

ohhh second hand i got a little worried there :p yeah two 7800GTX's would be much better than an 8800GT and in your case cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom