Graphics Performance List

XFX is a pretty good brand from what I can see. I've got the Radeon 4770 and it's running like a top.

But the one thing I kinda noticed, and I am SURE that someone already pointed this out, was that the 9800 GTX+ was rated higher than the 4770. I had that card before the Radeon and the newer blows it out of the water.

Example: The 4770 plays Fallout 3 on ultra high settings -auto-set by game- and the 9800 GTX+ sets it to High.

XFX is a pretty good brand from what I can see. I've got the Radeon 4770 and it's running like a top.

But the one thing I kinda noticed, and I am SURE that someone already pointed this out, was that the 9800 GTX+ was rated higher than the 4770. I had that card before the Radeon and the newer blows it out of the water.

Example: The 4770 plays Fallout 3 on ultra high settings -auto-set by game- and the 9800 GTX+ sets it to High.

That doesn't mean anything, try running both games at Ultra High.

The Fallout 3 Auto Config bases of release date of the card, where a new crappy card would still set on all high.

ha, like vern said, what the game auto defaults the settings too does not matter one bit. play it on ultra high. then we'll see what blows what out of the water ;)

I mean I wouldn't say the 9800GTX+ blows the HD 4770 out of the water though.

I mean HD 4850 > 9800GTX+ and the HD 4770 is close to the 9800GTX+ but the 9800GTX+ is still faster, albeit a bit more expensive (but we're comparing pure performance though).

So when's this list gonna be updated anyway?

edit: wow. I had this page open for about 2 hours before I posted this. What yzmxer said...

When I have time unfortunately. I wish I could update it but things are very busy for me. I still haven't forgotten about the extra features I'd like to add either. I have a couple of them in progress.

I someone could post links to some solid comparisons (and not just fanboy, cherry-picked stuff), I will update the list.

Back
Top Bottom