Graphics Performance List

Anandtech's review shows the 6970 is basically equal to the 570
With 10.12 drivers, I think it would be ahead. Though I don't know of a good review site that has benched with 10.12.

Why HD6870 is above GTX 470 ? From what I've seen most reviews show GTX 470 being slightly faster

GTX 460 1GB is overall faster than GTX 465, but not by much though. So basically GTX 460 1GB should be above GTX 465, while GTX 460 768MB and GTX 460 SE should be below it

As you said, GTX 460 1GB is overall faster than the 465, but not by much. When you combine averages with the 460 768MB, it brings the score down to just below the 465. Hence its position. The 460 SE I'll have to add separately.

As to the 6870 being above the 470, I'll see if I can scout out a few benchies with the latest drivers then make the necessary changes.

I think you should add GTX 460 768MB separately, because the difference between this and 1GB model is not only the amount of memory, but also the bus size. The bus size of the 1GB model is 256-bit while the 768MB model is 192-bit. I don't see any reason for having one GTX 460 for both when there is such difference between both

I don't really understand the choice to separate different memory sizes in the first place since there is often a big difference at certain resolutions. The 4870 512 and 1gb had a pretty big difference at 1920x1200 and above from what I remember. But it is up to the mods, no biggie ;)

Eh, I wouldn't really mind. I think Baez did it that way in the beginning because he was already swamped with work, and the difference (at least when this list started lol) didn't used to be so big. I mean back in the day the dif wasn't an extra half a gig of memory lol. I'm still just settling back into the regular work schedule, which won't really go back to normal until next week actually, but after all this I'll have a lot of free time at work. So yeah, I might go through and start splitting some of the bigger contenders up into the individual card models.

Eh, I wouldn't really mind. I think Baez did it that way in the beginning because he was already swamped with work, and the difference (at least when this list started lol) didn't used to be so big. I mean back in the day the dif wasn't an extra half a gig of memory lol. I'm still just settling back into the regular work schedule, which won't really go back to normal until next week actually, but after all this I'll have a lot of free time at work. So yeah, I might go through and start splitting some of the bigger contenders up into the individual card models.

I would have thought taking the average would have made it harder.

Why HD6870 is above GTX 470 ? From what I've seen most reviews show GTX 470 being slightly faster

I don't know. I've seen both cards win. It depends on the game. It's really close.

Can we add some of the new Sandy Bridge IGP's soon? :)
They really look like they could make super budget rigs capable of playing games on low settings.
Possibly to hold someone over until they can afford a proper GPU.

Schedule is finally hitting normality again, woot! I'll have time to start updating again. If you wanna help out you can always PM me links to any good benchies you find ;)

Back
Top Bottom