Graphics Performance List

May I suggest changing the name of this thread to something like 'Graphics Card Ranking' or something along the lines.
Iuno, might just be me, but when I look for a list of how well different cards stack up against each other I usually type something like 'graphics card rank OR list'.

I was just trying to find this thread via google and the only thread I found was the OLD tf graphics ranking thread. To find this one you have to type in 'performance', and I don't think many people do. Or at least more would type in 'rank' IMO.

Add (in this order):

ATI 3690
ATI 4650

They belong somewhere under the 3850.... Not sure how far down exactly if not directly below.

May I suggest changing the name of this thread to something like 'Graphics Card Ranking' or something along the lines.
Iuno, might just be me, but when I look for a list of how well different cards stack up against each other I usually type something like 'graphics card rank OR list'.

I was just trying to find this thread via google and the only thread I found was the OLD tech forums graphics ranking thread. To find this one you have to type in 'performance', and I don't think many people do. Or at least more would type in 'rank' IMO.

That's what the tags at the bottom are for. You need to give the thread time. A website doesn't come up first in a search engine the second you put it up. It takes time. The thread is aptly named as it won't be only a ranking once everything is done.

"Graphics Card Ranking"

Oh heavens no, there is another thread on this?

There was an old ranking that had many problems with it (the way I had to edit/update it, list not being automatic, too confusing with multiple versions of each card and quite a few cards missing to name a few) so I created this thread instead.

how did you guys determine the performance of the lower much older cards? I imagine this would be the hardest to find data for

also for #164 and #165 should have Geforce 2 at the front yes?

how did you guys determine the performance of the lower much older cards? I imagine this would be the hardest to find data for

Well, Wikipedia has most or all of the specs for every ATi and nVidia (and other comapnies) card ever, and some of the older enthusiasts (i.e. over 20) here have used many of the cards on that list or at least were an enthusiast when those cards were around.

I have built computers with or used about half of these cards including cards even older than the last position on this list. So many times I go by my experience. I do use other benchmark resources as well if I haven't had experience with a card on the list.

What exactly is a linkback? I just got updated about it :p
"A new LinkBack has been recorded for a thread you have participated entitled - Graphics Performance List - in the Building, Buying, or Upgrading High Performance PC Systems forum of Computer Forums."

I'm guessing it's linking the old thread to this one?

Not exactly. As a moderator I have priveleges to approve linkbacks from other sites. Just means someone from another forum, website etc. has linked to this thread. Once I approve them, everyone can see them. You can see the linkbacks at the bottom.

They basically just improve the traffic of this site.

Back
Top Bottom