Graphics Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanjo

In Runtime
Would a 6600GT, Athlon 3500+ s939 and 1GB RAM be enough to run a game like BF2, EE2, AOE3, etc?
Or would i need to get a different card, CPU, more RAM?
Thanks

That looks great. Right now i run all the latest games including BF2, i run that on medium and it performs flawlessly on the specs at my sig, which aren't quite as good as yours, so you should be fine.

You really DON'T need 2GB to run BF2 at all. 1GB is plenty!

I have 1GB OCZ Performance Series and a 6800GT, and I run BF2 perfectly smooth.

6600GT will be just fine to run the rest of the other games, although with BF2 you will probably need to turn them down to low.

I run BF2 at 1280x1024, 4x AA, with all but 2 settings on high (can't remember which ones) with 1GB of RAM, and I get ~30-35 FPS. I used to run it at 1024x768 with those same settings, and I got 50-55 FPS, but since I got a new LCD monitor and the native resolution was 1280x1024, I decided to try it out. I don't actually notice much difference in FPS when I'm playing, except in artillery explosions, then I've noticed it hit as low as 13 FPS. I was going to change it back to 1024x768, but I keep forgetting and it doesn't actually bother me that much.

No need for ram man, i have one gig and BF2 works perfectly fine with the specs on my sig. I play it on medium btw...never tried high settings, maybe i should just for fun...

couldnt he just get a stick of 512 if he's on a budget? but if you do have the money, shoot for another gig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom