graphics cards...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordon

Solid State Member
i am about to upgrade my graphics card on my computer but i dont know what to get... currently i have a 8800 gt by nvidia... what should i upgrade to because im thinking about have two graphics cards?

It depends what your budget is. What cpu do you have and how much ram?

ummm my budget is 200 and my cpu is a core i7 and i have 3 gb of ram but im getting more ram...

Apparently this one will be back in stock on the 9th: Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100282SR Radeon HD 5850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card w/ATI Eyefinity - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

It's a shame, those cards used to be $260.

I googled around and found a better priced one (the best brand too):

PROVANTAGE: XFX HD585AZNFC Radeon HD5850 PCIE 1GB DDR5 2 Port DVI HDMI

I've never heard of that site before though. It was rated pretty good on the google shopping page though. It's up to you.

okay thanks i think i will go with the first one cause its a bit cheaper but i will keep looking around for others...

You should probably post your system specs
Make sure you have enough power for one of those cards too...which i'm sure you do :p

Whoa, price really went up on that second one. It was $265 before.

The 5000 series price raise is only temporary I heard the price will even drop below the original price when nvidia comes out with its 300 series on like the 26th.

I was thinking about upgrading my graphics card from my 8800 GT to something newer. Is it worth it? or should i wait a bit longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom