Graphics Card Won't Fit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sometimes they are hard to get in and its like you want to push a bit harder to get it on but you get scared your cards going to break lol

Occasionally I uses a screw driver to push that plastic notch in. Then again, I got fat figures and occasionally i can not reach down that far to push that button in on the PCI-E slot.

LMAO, i was just about to edit my post to say that too :D

you beat me to it.

When I saw the thread title, my first thought where "Oh Dear. Not Again."

Ok, I found that there were two screws obstructing the metal part of the card that rests where the little things you push out used to be. So I took those out and now it fits nearly perfectly. BUT I have a few more questions now lol. So, I am confused as to what all the cords on my PSU are. I can't find a spot for 90 % of them. So I just plugged the ones there were spots for in, and then I left the rest in an empty port in the front panel, for "safekeeping" lol. So, that's not gonna be a problem, is it? Also, I accidentally popped out one too many of the covers on my front panel. So, when I just place it back in, it wont mess anything up, right? and lastly, I'm putting the cd and hard drives in, and I think I'm supposed to have a ribbon-like cable, but I can't find one. It's a SATA drive, not IDE if that helps.

So, I am confused as to what all the cords on my PSU are. I can't find a spot for 90 % of them.
Unless you have a modulare power supply, you might find yourself with more cables and plugs for want you have in your computer. Just make you provide power for all your hardware that requires it.
Motherboard, hard drive, optical drive are the obvious devices.
Your video card might need power. Check if there is a connection at the end there for that.
And you might have some other cards that might need additional power.
As for the ables left over. This is pretty much normal. Get some cable ties and tied them up out of the way of CPU fan.

Also, I accidentally popped out one too many of the covers on my front panel. So, when I just place it back in, it wont mess anything up, right?
It should just click back in place.

and lastly, I'm putting the cd and hard drives in, and I think I'm supposed to have a ribbon-like cable, but I can't find one. It's a SATA drive, not IDE if that helps.
Check your motherboard box for those cables. Normally you should have at least 2 sata cables with your motherboard.
Otherwise, see if you have some cables spares. Otherwise run down to a computer shop. Should be a $5 item.

SATA cables look like this:

12-120-076-01.jpg

Ok, I found that there were two screws obstructing the metal part of the card that rests where the little things you push out used to be. So I took those out and now it fits nearly perfectly. BUT I have a few more questions now lol. So, I am confused as to what all the cords on my PSU are. I can't find a spot for 90 % of them. So I just plugged the ones there were spots for in, and then I left the rest in an empty port in the front panel, for "safekeeping" lol. So, that's not gonna be a problem, is it? Also, I accidentally popped out one too many of the covers on my front panel. So, when I just place it back in, it wont mess anything up, right? and lastly, I'm putting the cd and hard drives in, and I think I'm supposed to have a ribbon-like cable, but I can't find one. It's a SATA drive, not IDE if that helps.

it's best to hide them out of sight so they wont be an eyesore and keeping them out of the way helps to improve airflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom