Graphics card upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup it says you got a pci e-16 slot.. so yes, that would work just fine

and i thought you had an athlon.. that is clearly a pentium 4...

yeah sorry i misintrepted.

sora sorry i am not conprehending what your saying, are you saying it would work fine, or it's not good enough.

Well i bought a new power supply.

This one:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...angid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10086924&catid=10482

and i bought a new vid card, but it was soo big that it didnt really fit cause the power supply cord that fits into the motherboard was in the way and it needed that space to fit, so i have to either try to get a 8800GT (If it fits or new motherboard i think)

I tried installing the Power supply but so many wires and when i fitted most in and tested, comp didnt turn on. So now i gotta go and get futureshop to install it for me.

The vid card i bought was ATI X1950, i just bought it for testing and trying out, i was going to get a refund for it after a week, but even the card wont fit, i mean it would fit if the power supply cord wasnt in the way.

reason i didnt buy a 8800 gt was didnt have enough money in debit card so i had to wait another week.

So what do you guys think about the Power supply, good? and my intentions to get a 8800 GT.

never heard of them. Well known makes are: Corsair, Antec, Thermaltake, Coolermaster, Enermax, FSP, PC Power & Cooling...etc etc

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 520W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail
^This one would be ideal for you. Quality product, Safe, Reliable and should last you long. Many other builders have been able to get this psu, an ATX mobo and a 8800GT working without that problem. so...

what is your case and size? ATX mATX ? something is wrong cos you should be able to fix them things in really. Maybe the PSU cords are ****. Need to see what your case is man...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom