Graphics card Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
ste your taking the bang for your buck to far here, if this where a thread about bang for your buck it wouldnt be in order of the way it is now would it, this is about the fastest card plain and simple,

Its not behind, it is better, but not by enough margin, Until ATi's release, the GX2 is best bang for your buck.
Ok....

Not in COD4, Not in Crysis.. Not all situations....

Ok.....

So why isn't the gtx280 on top of the list then? Your being wishy washy lol.
Amd gt player is right about the thread I think too, otherwise quite a few things in it would have to change to take bang/buck into account.

this list is based purely on performance as it is up to the buyer on here to check out prices and actual real world performance. The bottom line is this guide serves to deliver a rough guide on which card has overall best performance, at the most common resolutions, with the most up-to date games. Since this is what new gamers or someone who wants a new card will be very interested to know.

Now on to the debate where the new cards should be. Take a look at the performance recap on tomshardware.

Performance Recap - Tom's Hardware : Nvidia GeForce GTX 260/280 Review

If you look the GTX 280 comes out on top ever so slightly followed by the 9800gx2 and then the GTX 260, the 3870x2, the 8800 ultra, and finally the 9800gtx.

This is at the 1900x1200 resolution. At the 2560x1600 resolution the line-up is slighlty changed with the ultra above the 3870x2. However since 1900x1200 (22-24" wide) is a much more common resolution than the 2560x1600 that's the one we should be going to.

So at a request i would like to have the line-up go

GTX 280
9800GX2
GTX 260
HD3870x2
8800 Ultra
9800GTX

and then the rest is fine.

Thanks guys and i believe this should be up to date. I expect that the gtx 260 will come out over the 9800gx2 once newer games are released showing it beating it. However once again this list is based on the newest and most popular games still played today(especially and mainly the top tier cards). Of coarse that is Crysis, GRID, Mass Effect which all use newer coding obviously as you can tell becuase they utilize the GTX cards better. However we cannot forgot CoD4, UT3, AoC, and other highly played games today becuase they still are very graphical games that are heavily played.

Once again thanks

if you're going to go with 1920x1200 then the ultra is still ahead of the 3870x2. it isnt till 2650x1600 that the hd 3870x2 jumps ahead, according to the review you posted yourself anyway.
bench13.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom