Graphics card Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's a dx10.1 card that will not be able to handle rendering a game in dx10.1. So that's nice, this card struggles with 4x AA on current games, why should I expect it to do 4xAA mandatory on games that utilize dx10.1?
RV670 has better performance in AA than R600 does.
And yes, it can run 4X AA very well. And I should know, because I own two of them.

Power consumption isn't performance, so that is a useless point.
Power consumption isn't a red and blue striped golfing umbrella, either. Doesn't mean it's a useless point.

I can run two in crossfire without buying a bigger, more expensive power supply, have even better performance, and still not have as big power bill.

And the cards are too similar in architecture for drivers to make much more of a performance increase.
RV670 is based on R600, but it's not exactly the same. It has more than enough differences for drivers to have an impact.
And I do know from first hand experience how drivers affect the performance of these cards.

And yes the bigger bus does make a difference in some games
and you don't think the improved latencies, memory arbitration, reduced bottlenecks, UVD decoding, and the addition of GDDR4 does anything?

RV670 might be based on R600, but it's not the same thing. Just like Yorkfield is based on Kentsfield, but they're not the same thing.

and the reason the g92's perform so well is that it was clocked significantly higher than its brothers which made up for it
Actually, it's the amount of video memory that does that.
512MB 8800 GT will always beat 8800 GTS 320MB and 640MB cards, for example, even with higher resolutions, AA etc.
However, 256MB 8800 GT sometimes sees a significant performance hit, comparatively.

512MB 8800 GTS (G92) performs about on par with GTX, except on higher resolutions + AA, because of the 768MB vRAM.

no, 6800 GT is better. It has 16 pipelines, vs the 6800 GS's 12 pipelines.

Yes I know that, but the GS performs better. My friend had a bfg GT, we benchmarked against each others many times, my GS always came out a little better.

Although I did have an XFX with a factory overclock of 60mhz...guess I can't speak for a stock GS, nevermind then.

Stock vs stock, 6800GT performs slightly better

But 6800GS overclocks much better
GS needs about 4/3 the clock speed to get the same performance (since it has 3/4 the pipelines)
Yes I know that, but the GS performs better. My friend had a bfg GT, we benchmarked against each others many times, my GS always came out a little better.

Although I did have an XFX with a factory overclock of 60mhz...guess I can't speak for a stock GS, nevermind then.
the GS would have come with newer drivers, aswell. Unless you both used the same drivers?

he might not even have the same specs as you, and you have like a better CPU's or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom