Graphics card Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about asus gtx 295 mars edition. Basically 2x gtx285's.
And the EVGA one that only has 2gb instead of 4gb like the mars.

Also, I think it should be 4890 and then gtx 275... In most benchmarks that I have seen the 4890 wins out (and that is stock for stock... even though overclocked it destroys an overclocked gtx275). It probably is better then the gtx280 too. It's a better buy for sure. But yes, this is the performance chart...

^^ vv
In the anandtech review which used the newest drivers for both cards at launch time the the HD 4890 wins every game at 1900x1200 and 1680x1050 except Age of Conan. Considering that they tested 7 games and the two resolutions the HD 4890 wins 12:2.

In my opinion winning 12:2 is abut as clear cut a result as you are going to get.

Rating cards or any other hardware on there stock settings is almost humorous in this day and age. Looking at the chart the GTX 280 should be the #1 card with a price of $250. You can add a good aftermarket cooler and still be priced as low or lower than a GTX 285 and it will then out-perform the GTX 285 clock for clock and run cooler.

And next we have (2) GTX 280's in SLI versus a single GTX 295. The GTX 280 wins again in performance at $500 for 2 versus $500 for 1, thou it does take up an xtra pci-e slot.

I'm in it strickly for the High Performance per Dollar or HPD :D

Rating cards or any other hardware on there stock settings is almost humorous in this day and age. Looking at the chart the GTX 280 should be the #1 card with a price of $250. You can add a good aftermarket cooler and still be priced as low or lower than a GTX 285 and it will then out-perform the GTX 285 clock for clock and run cooler.

And next we have (2) GTX 280's in SLI versus a single GTX 295. The GTX 280 wins again in performance at $500 for 2 versus $500 for 1, thou it does take up an xtra pci-e slot.

I'm in it strickly for the High Performance per Dollar or HPD :D

Our list focuses on single, unmodded card performance. Price/performance doesn't factor in at all. If it were to then I would put the 4890 up very high. As it beats out the competition in its price range handily and overclocks to take on much bigger foes. Two of them is beastly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom