Graphics Card for Motherboard (P5W DH DELUXE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnos

Baseband Member
Hello there everyone,

I need some advice about purchasing a graphics card that will be compatible with my motherboard; an ASUS P5W DH DELUXE.

My graphics card, an eVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTX, recently passed away (If your screen display is distorted before the OS loads up... it's most likely dead. Read about that problem if you'd like.).

Now I can always replace it with the very same card but since it's been a few years since I bought it, I figured I may as well get a better graphics card relative to it.

Based on the Graphics Performance List my late graphics card is ranked 30.

I've been eyeing the Geforce 9800 GTX+ and the GeForce GTS ranked 28 and 27 respectively because I can buy them for around $100.

1. Are those two graphics card compatible with my mother board?
2. Are there any other compatible graphics card that would be a better choice?

The forums here have always been a big help to me and I've always been grateful, so thanks in advance for your help. :smile:

Ragnos

Thanks for the quick reply Trotter.

I ended up finding and will be buying EVGA's GTS 450 on New Egg. All my cards have been by this company so I feel obliged to stick with it. :sweat:

After a mail in rebate the total price comes down to $94.99. This product has free shipping so it would balance out the price of the year warranty.

I have the same motherboard - I am also looking at upgrading. I tried the Diamond ATI 5770, but it did not work. The computer kept freezing up. I would like to know how this card worked in your board. If it had not problems, I will give it a try.

Thanks

The mobo shouldn't have any impact on the gpu.

You probably have a miss setting causing the freezes.

Maybe start up a thread with your info so we can properly help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom