Graphics Card around $200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Hi All, Currently using an 8800GTX board. Curious to know if I can get something better for around $200. I have a single GPU motherboard. I'd like to stick with Nvidia since I've always had good experiences. I saw the 9800GTX is down to just over $100. Here are my system specs, I run at 1920-1200 on a 28" LCD, I know running at the res makes a big diff on what I will need. If it's worth while to wait a bit that's fine by me, I have no idea what is on the verge of being released for GPUS.

Q6600 @ 2.8ghz
8 GB Ram
500GB Seagate Hard Disk
Corsair 750tx PSU

If it's worth it or necessary to spend more I can do it but I usually try not to by the very best GPU as it seems to be priced too high. From what I've seen anyway.

Thanks!!

P.S-Edit, my video board is NOT a G92, it's very old.

That 260GTX looks perfect. Thanks all!! I see a couple retailers have it on sale for about the same price as NewEgg, may just pick it up local in case I run into any problems :)

Anyone have any idea what a used 8800GTX and used 8800GTS 640mb sell for? Both older non-G92 boards but work well.

go for the 4890, best card out of all of them for 200 exactly. btw, this is a decent amount better then your 8800gtx, but boy, those were nice cards back in the day:rolleyes:

go for the 4890, best card out of all of them for 200 exactly. btw, this is a decent amount better then your 8800gtx, but boy, those were nice cards back in the day:rolleyes:

I agree, the HD 4890 is the best performing card out of the ones you listed, and I think that's a little high priced for a GTX 260 c216 even with a free game. However, that Dell is pretty sweet deal though

^^ Ya, I should have been more specific before :(

But sadly since that card doesn't have free-shipping, it goes over $200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom