Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Your ram is fine, its your MoBo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayniac

Daemon Poster
My friend just bought Oblivion and his graphics card is currently the GeForce FX 5200. The game is super laggy and we're assuming that it is the graphics card. He does not have the money to put into a 6800GT, but I was wondering if it'd be better to go with the 6800 or the 6600GT. The 6600GT is cheaper and I've heard good things about it, but at the same time, I am not sure if it is really worth it to put the extra money into it to get the 6800. Thanks guys!

I might jump ahead a bit and get a 7600 GT. IT's about $200 from eVGA, but it's going to keep you very happy with your games for a long time. If it's not in your budget, I'd get the 6600 GT, or wait until the 7600 GT's price drops. (If you do get a 6600 GT, do NOT get Chaintech's. Its heatsink and fan start to rattle and be a general pain in the neck after about a month. I'm planning to replace mine's as we speak.)

Ow. That's gonna hurt. In that case, the best option would be the 6800. 7800 GT is available for AGP, but it's still pretty expensive.

Alright, you're contradicting yourself now. First you said 6600GT if you had to choose, now you're picking the 6800. Which one man?

6600 GT would be plenty fast on PCIe. However, AGP is a significantly slower slot, thus a 6600 GT AGP would be slower than its PCIe equivalent. So, 6800 would be better if he has an AGP slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom