Which Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both graphics cards are equal, 9800GTX+ wins in some things, HD4850 wins in others.
If it was me, I would pick whichever is cheaper at the time.

You could make a much better build, I have a wishlist for the parents right now that is more powerful than what you have picked out, and I believe the total price is below $400. Don't go with an AMD processor, you want to stick with Intel.

ATI and Nvidia have there perspective attributes.

It depends on the chipset that most games are built to optimize, it's a monopoly with cards. You can check a few other websites that actually benchmark the performance of each card respectfully.

As far as AMD or Intel, that is, once again, personal preference and performance.

If your going to do dual core, I'd select an intel board that will support quad core processors. Start with a core 2 duo those have come down in price after awhile. I'm sorry your forced into buying a 2.0 card, there isn't enough bandwidth from the graphics card to take advantage of the latest and lamest of technologies.

Look at the core 2's, uhm, why a 650? 600w is good enough, 500 would be good enough. Are you overclocking? Etc? Those are some good questions to ask yourself with a power supply and your boards.

Agree with above, but there really is not reason to go AMD x2 line. A solid lower-tier core 2 duo would be best, as it would outperform what you chose, and get you more upgradability in the future if you want to increase performance of your computer in a few years.

Power supply definitely needs to be changed, 500 watt would very adequate for that build.

I would probably get the 4850 since you can always crossfire in the future

When the other card is already a dual GPU no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom