which graphic card should I go for

Status
Not open for further replies.

joy83

Solid State Member
I want to get a new video card but i am in a dilemma as to which one to get. My choices are Nividia gefore 7600, 7800, 7900 GS or GT. The thing is I am also on a budget. I dont want to spend more than $150.
Right now I am using 7600 GT which I bought today from circuit city to see how it works. I am going to return it within 14 days and buy it online(which is cheaper).
I dont play fps games that much. my games are basically restricted to company of heroes, flight simulator x, aoe 3, medieval total war and stuff like that.
I am wondering how much better could it get if I go for 7900 GS instead of 7600 GT ? is it worth the extra $40. I really dont know any marked difference between them.
could somebody please give me some idea?

the other thing is I have a power supply of 305W and I dont want to change that and create a mess.
my comp is a modified dell E521 the specs are

AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 3800+
2GB RAM (512 x 4)
nvidia geforce 7600 GT (I am going to change it)
305 PSU

He already has the 7600GT, and yes it would be worth going for the 7900gs you will see an improvement, go for the GT version though if the price isnt much different.

ok thanks for the suggestions but now the question is if i buy 7900 GT then is my 305W power supply power enough to run it

My PSU doesnt take too much load, I only have one 160 GB hard disk, one DVD ROM drive working with it other than the processor and RAM.

The PSU may or may not be powerful enough for a 7900. It depends on how many amps on the on the 12v line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom