Graphic card Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
So I was playing casual CS source with my new monitor ( dell 22 inch 1680x1050 ) and old computer ( p4 2.8 ghz, 1 gig ram, x800 xl agp ) and noticed about an hour or more into the game I would get graphical anomalies like equally spaced multi colored squares all over the screen. Usually after this my computer would reboot, but one time it stayed and I exited the game and checked riva tuner to see a whopping 88 celcius temperature. My trusty x800 xl never gave me problems before with temperature or crashing, but Im thinking could the 1680x1050 be just too much for it? Is there anything I can do to cool things down ( besides getting an aftermarket cooler ), also are the problems I am describing refered to as "graphical artifacts"?

update: Just tested with ATI tool scan for artifacts, after 3 minutes the temperature rose to 95 celcius ( believe it or not! ) and althought it said no errors, there were yellow lines/dots everywhere over the image and it said Delta (number) in (number) of pixels. What the heck does this mean?

Sounds to me like your experiencing artifacting... Try to reinstall your drivers. If that doesn't work turn down the setting and see what happens. It could be an sign of a dieing GPU.

Ur GFX card cant handle the rez or gfx now need to cool that down with aftermarket cooling, better airflow in your case and lowered ambient room temperture.

Or get a new GFX card

Ur GFX card cant handle the rez or gfx now need to cool that down with aftermarket cooling, better airflow in your case and lowered ambient room temperture.

Or get a new GFX card

I have a new gfx card, the 8800 gtx, I'm just trying to diagnose whats going on with my old system

Sounds to me like your experiencing artifacting... Try to reinstall your drivers. If that doesn't work turn down the setting and see what happens. It could be an sign of a dieing GPU.

if I was experience artificating, how come ATI says no errors in the scan for artifacts test? It does however says that delta stuff, I dont even know what that is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom