Grafix card upgrade decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

uneeb83

In Runtime
hey guys...long time since I last posted....
Here is my build-----> http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/my-build-220531/

So ive got this friend that just build a new rig and forgot to put in a GFX :D...(silly aint it)
anyways...we live in a remote area so there are no computer shops.....however I'm soon going for vecation and so will be able to get him a card.....

THE problem::

the friend said that he needs sumthing like the 9500 GT....DECENT!!
I offered him my card (Ive got the 9500GT DDR2 128bit 512MB Inno3D).....he agreed....But I told him to wait until I can decide.....what I'm thinking is selling him this card and putting in a little money to get my self one of these:
HD 4650 DDR2 128bit 512MB XFX OR
HD 4650 DDR2 128bit 1GB XFX OR
HD 4670 DDR2 128bit 1GB XFX OR
Nvidia GT 220 DDR2 128bit 1GB XFX

my perpouse is a DECENT card DEEEEECCCEEEENNTTT:tongue:....are any of these cards worth the upgrade??...which one should I go for....or should i drop the offer....my 9500 Gt is pretty good enough for me.....WHAT SHOULD I DOOOOOOOOOO??:cry:

Thanx for the reply....:D

anyways....I did think of that card.........but is this DDR2 version of the card any good...Ive heard roumours that it aint worth ot....can you please confirm it ....and is the upgrage worth my efforts :D

even being the ddr2 version, its still better than any of the other cards.

is it worth it?

id say yes but idk if it would be worth it for you since you say youre not a gamer and that your current card is good enough for you. in gameplay you would notice a pretty decent performance boost from a 9500gt -> 4670. heres a review if you want to see ATI Radeon HD 4670 review

thanx for all your help :D

I just looked at the prices and saw that the HD4670 cost almost as much as the 9600 GT.....and the 9600 beats the 4670 by a margin in that reveiw....but then I realized that the price is out of my range :tongue:.......So I think Im gonna keep the 9600 and bring for my friend an HD 4350 512 MB 64 bit.......thats DECENT enough to play all games :D

Thanx for all your help anyway...and i really found that reveiw helpful :D

Well dont see the point of you not stayiung with your current card if you dont game, no point for anything else. Also, if your friend games at any higher settings, or es's then that card isn;t really gonna do it....honestly if you dont game i dont know why you have a dedicated card in the first place.

actually the guy needs to game at 1600x900 settings:silly:.....and Its not like that I dont game (what kind of a kid would that make me) :dead:
I do play COD 4,5,6 crysis, shift ect ect ect :D...and the 9500GT handles every thing smoothly at 1280x1024 settings:devil:...its just that I don't game like a HARDcore gamer....that is with 3 monitors or an HD TV and 2 gtx295s in SLI :D....I really dont think all of that is worth it for some HARDcore Gaming experience......as for the question of dedicated grafix.....well I would have gone with the X4500 HD board:cool:....but the problem is that for core i7, I don't think there is a board with a builtin grafix card :cry:

anyways...thanx for all your guys help....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom