GPU Upgrade Advice Needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dual link i believe allows for multi-monitors, the eyefinity thing.

Though I'm not up on my ati/amd card specifics

Odd that the cheaper 6970 on Newegg lists the DVI ports as just 2x DVI ports, where as the more expensive one is 1 single link DVI port and the other is a dual link DVI port......

Both cards have the limited lifetime warranties, Newegg is just missing it on the comparison page. I think all XFX cards have the life time warranty...

Can you refresh my memory of the downside for single DVI and dual link DVI?

What would that affect specifically that would be bad?

Dual link is needed for resolutions higher than 1920x1200.

I use this adapter to run my third display and it woks very well. Personally I think it is a much better route than adding a second video card to run the extra display.

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE Active DisplayPort Adapter 100924 DisplayPort to DVI Interface

Dual link is needed for resolutions higher than 1920x1200.

I use this adapter to run my third display and it woks very well. Personally I think it is a much better route than adding a second video card to run the extra display.

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE Active DisplayPort Adapter 100924 DisplayPort to DVI Interface

There are people that have ran resolutions higher than 1920x1200 over single link....

Yeah, it looks like Sapphire is about the only one on newegg that produces cheap adapters. How long have you had your adapter? Most reviews I've read about the adapters it that they fail about every 6 months...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom