Which GPU should i buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes i've also seen that gig card and it did catch my attention :p obviously it does appeal but i could probaly reach the same level of overclock myself and save me a bit of cash.
I have been looking at the 5000 and now 6000 series for some time and for the price you get more card for the money. My main concern with ATI is there amazingly dodgey drivers. They seem to have a knack for making drivers that don't work properly. i've had serveral firends with ATI cards and only one who hasn't had any issues with there drivers
Add one more person to the list. X1900XTX, 3850, 4 5770s, and a 4890 later and ill NEVER use an ATI card again.

Yep, but, They're improving alot To be honest. I'd go with the 6870 or that Gigabyte one :3 I have an 5770 myself, I love it.
Yes, they have been "improving" since the 9800XT erra and for some dumb reason havent gotten very far. I dont diss the hardware because its good. But the drivers kill everything.

If you get a 460 i recommend sticking with the reference cooler designs and overclocking yourself. No need in spending any extra cash for something you can do yourself.

Yes, they have been "improving" since the 9800XT erra and for some dumb reason havent gotten very far. I dont diss the hardware because its good. But the drivers kill everything.

If you get a 460 i recommend sticking with the reference cooler designs and overclocking yourself. No need in spending any extra cash for something you can do yourself.

I'm not at all dissing the hardware, the hardware is very good, it's just a shame about ATI's ability to mess up software. If they had good drivers i'd buy the ATI in a heartbeat.

and yes i do think it's worth the overclock myself, even if i am a bit in-experinced with a GPU overclock. And sure i'll post it when i get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom