Which GPU setup is best guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMBrooker85

Solid State Member
Im having a real hard timne deciding on video cards. From what ive seen so far 8800GT seems to be a stellar card ATM, outperforming the 9 series. (am i wrong here?) But im still having a hard time deciding. I could go with one much more powerful card, or two 8800GT's for instance.

Like in you guys honest opinion do you think i would get better performance running 1 Geforce 9800GX2 or 2x 8800GT's. (I know a GTX 280 would prolly be best of all but i dont have that kinda dough. Have about 1200 for the whole computer)

Bottom line is i can either get one beefier card, or two less beefy cards. All of this running on a Quad Core BTW.

Any suggestions?

A single 4870 if you have the cash. Otherwise the 4850 is more than capable as well.

Just google some reviews or check out the next-gen review thread in the new tech/services section

two 4850s are massively better than 1 4870...

2 4850s outperform the 9800GX2 and even GTX 280 SLI on some occasions....but you need a Crossfire board to run crossfire...

two 4850s are massively better than 1 4870...

2 4850s outperform the 9800GX2 and even GTX 280 SLI on some occasions....but you need a Crossfire board to run crossfire...

They are awesome....in fact most of the time better than nvidia chipsets.

I just assumed you had a SLI board already because you were talking about SLI.

No no, just dont have any experience with ATI products. I have not bought anything yet. Building this from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom