GPU nor onboard Graphics will Display - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2016, 11:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default GPU nor onboard Graphics will Display

This is the weirdest thing, I'm not a PC Noob, yet I'm on here asking for some help. First of all I will say that both My GTX 750 SC and OptiPlex 380 and a intelC2DuoE8500 where bought from ebay(For a budget build for a friend). I first booted Up the Computer with The new E8500 and It started up fine, I set up windows and everything. Then when I turned the pc off I put in the GPU, no post beep, the fans where spinning at a steady pace(Unlike usual). No Graphics where comming from the GPU(Vga cable is connected to a DVI adapter), so then I plugged in my vga cable into the Motherboard, no onboard graphics either. So then I thought Maybe it's the cpu, So I changed It out, and The onboard worked when the Gpu wasn't inside the system. Then I plugged The gpu in, then it didn't work. So I went back to the new CPU. I then Plugged in an older Gpu and It went Through POST, I was getting Signal through the Gpu. That made me think that it is the psu, So I changed the psu to an Old inspiron Psu that I used to have a i5 3330, and a GTX 750 ti sc running off of. I plugged everything in. And the same problem occured. Then I took the Gpu out to see if it was faulty, I put it into my Pc and It worked perfectly fine. So then I thought maybe I'll reset the CMOS. I did that, and it didn't work, same problem. I have no Idea what I can do at this point, as The Pci-e Slot isn't faulty and 300watts Should be enough to run a GTx 750 Sc and a IntelC2Duo. PLease Halp me. :anno yed:: annoyed:

Austienie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Build Guru

Default Re: GPU nor onboard Graphics will Display

The board might not like the GPU.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I don't see how the Mobo can "Not Like" the GPU
Old 06-02-2016, 12:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Build Guru

Because it's a pre-built and some Dells/HPs have been known to not post with certain cards in them.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 06-02-2016, 01:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I looked it up and the Gpu is compatible with the motherboard.
Old 06-02-2016, 03:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Build Guru

Apparently not if it works any other way without that card and the card works in another machine AND you've tried a different CPU/PSU. The last thing you can try and do is update the bios to see if it'll work.

There have been a few people on these boards even that had an issue with an Nvidia card in a Dell or HP. One specific one came to mind of a specific GTX 770 model from eVGA where it absolutely would not boot on the board but other cards worked fine.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 06-02-2016, 03:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie

That's what I was thinking, when I get home I'm gonna try my 960 in the machine.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
The strange one

Sounds like you've done most of this but try these flow charts to hone in on your problem

Additional flow charts at www.fonerbooks.com

iParanormalx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gpu error