Is GPU memory good for higher resolutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK91

In Runtime
Hey guys, I just ordered a 9600GSO 760MB to replace my two 256MB 7800GTs in SLI. I was just wondering what the extra GPU memory is good for specifically? Is it better for those who use higher resolutions because it takes up more GPU memory?

For the record, I'm on 1920X1080 resolution on a pretty dated computer (see specs in sig). Anyway, I just wanted to know what to expect before my card gets here.

It will help with the higher resolutions, like I mentioned in your other thread. You should be pretty well set when you get your card.

About my screen tearing, are you sure that it's because of my video card? I just Googled my problem and a random forum post with the exact same problem said his ram was at fault and once he replaced it it was all good. I'm not convinced, but what do you think? I already ordered the new card, so it'd be a shame if that wasn't the actual problem.

It will be an improvement, nonetheless. Wait and see how it goes and then try new RAM if the problem persists.

I was having horizontal screen tearing with my computer when I got it, then when i replaced my GPU (similar to the one you have, I own an 9600 GSO 256MB) all the tearing went away. It should more likely go away after you replace your GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom