GPU Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

undefined

In Runtime
Is it best to leave it AUTO or manual set it at a certain percentage? I have it at about 54% and I get around 65 degC when gaming - using a Radeon 3850 512MB card. I'm using RivaTuner.

Also, I have three fans, all of which come from the case. I don't know which one it is (too tired to look now), but it's making a lot of noise. I think it's the one that's going full power since it's directly connected to the PSU? I'm not sure though. This is what I have:

Fan1 connected to Mobo SYSFAN1
Fan2 connected to Mobo SYSFAN2
Fan3 connected to PSU via Molex
CPU Fan
GPU Fan

How can I reduce the noise level of my tower?
It's really annoying. I have the GPU fan set at 55% but I don't think that's it because if I crank it up, the GPU has a different noise to it. It has to be either one of the three case fans or the CPU fan.

Did you go through RivaTuner's overclocking guide? It walks you through setting up fan speeds based on your cards temps.

I saw an article yeaterday on three aftermarket coolers for the 3870. I don't know if they would fit the 3850, but it would be worth checking out. One was a Zalman, and the others were ZeroTherm. I don't remember the site, but it was German, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom