Gpu cooling solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

TermyBGL

Baseband Member
Hello all,

I have a ATI X1800XT 512 which seems to run hot when in use.

Recently during gaming (BF2, oblivion) the ATI Omega control panel says its 72C, is this hot? I was thinking yes, and if so any cooling tips you could give me?

The case setup is 1 Extra large fan on side of PC sucking in air, and 2 80mm Akasa fans blowing out at the back.I have my ATI 1800XT, X-fi sound card and various usb/ game controllers in my PCI slots, all spaced out to maintain airflow.

I purchased a coolermaster Viva heatsink recently but found out it wont fit on my card, any other ideas you all could suggest please?

Another thing, I also have Everest ultimate edition, and it has completly different readings of my GPU temp. which should I beleive and whats the best/ most reliable temp monitor I could download? Motherboard montitor doesnt support my Mobo (DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI DR Expert)

Thanks in advance

Termy

i would suggest getting a zalman ZF-900 or 700 and some arctic silver 5

EDIT: just noticed your mobo, it might be that you have an ATI card on a Nvidia SLI chipset and is interfearing with the temps, but im not %100 on that.

72C isn't too hot for a GPU. Almost every card on the market today reach temperatures of 65+C. My card goes up to about 70C after only 30mins of Call Of Duty 2 or F.E.A.R. Nothing to worry about. And in my experience Everest is to be trusted when it comes to temps and data.Cheers

my GPU goes up to 88c and its all fine. it wont beep till 113c default but i brought down to 90c just in case...

Fascinating....I can't get my 7900GT up to 60 degrees C no matter what I'm doing. Doom 3 at full with everything at full = 58=59 degrees!! my old 6800GT would always run 85 to 90+. These new Nvidia cards are very temp stable!!!

MrZucchiniHead said:
i would suggest getting a zalman ZF-900 or 700 and some arctic silver 5

EDIT: just noticed your mobo, it might be that you have an ATI card on a Nvidia SLI chipset and is interfearing with the temps, but im not %100 on that.

Yeah, Zalmans are nice fans.

my 7900gt idles at just under 60 and get to around 75 during games. I returned my first one because a capacitor thing(I think thats what its called) had fallen off. On my replacement one the exact same capacitor was a bit loose, could this be causing high temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom