GPU comparisons

1etherer

Fully Optimized
HEy all,

Given all the new GPUs now since I last checked..

I have compared:

MSI GTX 1050 TI 4GB against 750ti and gtx 950 and I think its worth the upgrade to 1050 TI?!

However, is there any real difference between 1050 ti and 1050 ti GAMING??

The Gaming designation is just marketing. Yes the 1050ti worth the cost over the 950.

Thats what i thought but just wanted clarification.

*Not sure to make new post for below??

Now I'm undecided between i5 4590 and 4590s, I know 4590 has 300MHz more with higher TDP but 4590s has turbo clock speed to 3.7ghz just like 4590...

So really the same performance but 4590s would cut down bills and cost less to purchase?

Last edited:
Turbo boost decreases with how much load is on each core. You'll only see the 3.7 on 4 cores for a total of 12 seconds before it drops down to remain in TDP. You'll only see the 3.7 sustained on one core and 99% of the time you'll be running at whatever base clock you have. The TDP is there to estimate the type of cooling required but in the end both chips will wind up using the same amount power on a regular usecase scenario. So I'd go with whichever is cheaper to purchase.

Turbo boost decreases with how much load is on each core. You'll only see the 3.7 on 4 cores for a total of 12 seconds before it drops down to remain in TDP. You'll only see the 3.7 sustained on one core and 99% of the time you'll be running at whatever base clock you have. The TDP is there to estimate the type of cooling required but in the end both chips will wind up using the same amount power on a regular usecase scenario. So I'd go with whichever is cheaper to purchase.

Ah OK.

The thing is there exactly the same price brand new sealed!! I think to save money on bills 4590s would be better as less watts used, if both perform the same might as well get 4590s?

What do you think PP?

The difference is going to be down to a few pennies per month if that between the two on electric. You would only notice a small difference if you kept the CPU running at 100% all month long.

Back
Top Bottom