Which GPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just looked it up and it only has 1 sli bridge, but ya even it it was 3way it wouldnt be worth it.

It's kinda complicated. There are technically 3 different 9800GT's. there are flashed 8800GTs, 2 way 9800GTs, and 3 way 9800GTs. They are all labeled as 9800GT, the only way to know which one it is, would be to know the specific model number of the card and know if it has one or two sli bridges. But I agree, it's not worth it.

I probably won't be needing the p45. I will only overclock to about 4GHz. The record for p45 is 6GHz. Anyways will the Rampage FORMULA or Maximus FORMULA be better for 4.0GHz.

Maximus - Crossfire
Rampage - ?

either of those board will cost more then the biostar p45...

also thats the record just for air cooling...

Yeah but it doesn't come with a soundcard. So I can overclock to 5GHz straight away once I get it? How long will it last?

the sound cards that come with those asus boards are still onboard sound they just make it look like a sound card, the biostar has onboard sound also... and ur overclock really depends on how much ur cpu can take w/out overheating, not ur motherboard. if u get a really good e8500 u might be able to get 5 ghz out of it but prolly not since it seems like u dont know to much about overclocking

Yeah nowadays the cpu is the limiting factor when overclocking. The motherboards are capable of very high fsb speeds. But the peak ghz hasn't increased much in several years, infact the highest overclock by pure ghz is a pentium 4 at 8ghz.

DUDE!! I got a 530j Pentium 4 at 3.00GHz that me, and my dad never used for like since we got... Lets do something fun! :)

The E8500 can OC to 6.0GHz, if you're crazy enough..

Dude, you know my dad only bought that computer for burning DVDs, and he thought a really fast prcessor would help? xD Wasted like $800 on that noob computer... Will a mobo melt at 7.0GHz, because Pentiums are hot enough at stock..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom