Got yet another toy

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusan

Golden Master
So I wanted a motherboard that was a little more future proof and had dual x16 pci-e slots for crossfire....so I bought a P5E for a pretty good price :D

I've been struggling with it all day...it's been giving me random lockups and weird network disconnects, and I couldn't seem to get it over 333fsb regardless of voltages!!!! I flashed my BIOS to the latest 605 version.....then flashed it to the Formula Rampage BIOS (which is really amazing btw, so many options), but I still had problems!

Turns out it doesn't like my Ballistix in slots 2 and 4? Also apparently Crucial have pulled the P5E out of the compatibility list...but so far it seems stable @ 400FSB since I swapped slots. Not a crazy high fsb I know, but like I said, this BIOS is daunting so I'm taking it slow.

It's a pretty nice lookin board:

img3203yl4.jpg

img3206mr9.jpg

img3207vu5.jpg

nice man, you gonna pick up another 3850 for xfire? how does that cooler work? low temps?

i like your cat, its pretty :D

i like.....good choice...so once you switched your ram to slots 1 and 3, is it allowing higher FSB?

Yeah, for some reason it didn't like the other slots. I'm hoping its not the slots themselves and its due to some sort of compatibility issue. Whatever I only plan on using 2 slots anyway.

nice man, you gonna pick up another 3850 for xfire? how does that cooler work? low temps?

i like your cat, its pretty :D

Yup I am picking up either a 3850 or 3870, waiting til next week when the new price drops are implemented. My first dual-gpu setup I'm so stoked! :D

And yeah the cooler works great. There is a review on frostytech.com I think....

and yup that's Lila Khat, she's the best.

i've seen a review of it, but just wanted to know if it was as good as they say it was. (not to take away from the thread but..) i have a 3850 256 up for sale with an accelero s1 for 110 shipped, will ship uk side, if your interested.

i've seen a review of it, but just wanted to know if it was as good as they say it was. (not to take away from the thread but..) i have a 3850 256 up for sale with an accelero s1 for 110 shipped, will ship uk side, if your interested.

It's a pretty good cooler...it does have drawbacks as always though:

-Uses supergay Intel clips (I'm going to get a thermalright LGA775 spring kit)
-The bottom is pretty rough because of the direct heatpipe design, I'm thinking of lapping it

Good things:
-Excellent performance
-Extremely quiet 1300rpm fan
-Cheap!
-Looks good, imo

As for the 3850, thanks for the offer but I am looking for 512mb versions or a 3870

ew it uses twisty clips!!!!! GROSS! really don't want that cooler anymore tbh... i feel like when i put those on i'm gonna snap the board in half...

and np about the card, just letting you know its there :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom