Got Wrong Windows XP Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdar

Daemon Poster
OK I didnt looked and buyed Windows XP Home Upgrade...
Now I ****ed... Since I cannot find any older Windows CD.
I guess I looked at price first and didnt some that it is upgraded.
Do you think I can get like Windows 98 from Torrents so that the Windows Installer, that I have now, would recognize it?
Since I did buy the ligal copy....

Plus I dont really care about Windows, since I will run Linux mostly. I got Windows only for things like Games etc...

you must know someone with an old copy of windows. ask your friends someone has to have an old copy of win95 or 98.

If you do it that way, you're going to have to use the Fat32 file system. It's a lot more messy and inefficient. Maybe you can ebay a copy of windows 2K?

Ryan

I thought that the upgrade only wants to see an original disk for verification. you do not have or would want to install the old version first. Just do a clean install and pop the old disk in when windows wants to verify.

Yes you can download the win 98se disc from pretty much any torrent site. Upgrade editions just ask you to pop the cd in the drive and it will verify that it is indeed a copy of 98se and continue with the install.
Or you can also install 98se on your machine and then do the xp upgrade. If you go this route you'll have to reformat your drive to NTFS during the install. I've done this on my lappy when my hd crashed.

Ok. I did the install of Windows XP Home using Windows 98SE from Torrent.
locki433 said:
you can convert fat32 to ntfs after the install. it's a command line function.
How you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom