got new cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flash the bios of what? If you are talking about your motherboard then you need to give more information than absolutely none.

Yeah it's a fairly small program and easy to read, if you have trouble just take a Screen Shot of it and we can tell you.

here is want the mobo one says bios for mobo is 0602
so i would like to know how i would ''flash'' my bios for my mobo and what does that do? and also if i need to flash it for my new cpu what version would it be? or could you tell me how i would find that out?
mobo.png

and here is my cpu just cause
cpu.jpg

actually, it doesn't look like you'll need to flash your mobo's bios.

for the pii x4 940, you need bios v. 0302, but you have 0602. according to asus, if your bios v. is a greater number than what is required then it will work, and as you see, your current bios is greater so it should work without having to do anything.

do you already have the cpu at hand? have you tried to install it?

actually, it doesn't look like you'll need to flash your mobo's bios.

for the pii x4 940, you need bios v. 0302, but you have 0602. according to asus, if your bios v. is a greater number than what is required then it will work, and as you see, your current bios is greater so it should work without having to do anything.

do you already have the cpu at hand? have you tried to install it?

no i do not have the cpu in hand yet i should have it tomorrow hopefully or on friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom