Got my new build together. Running into problems, Please Help!! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 05:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Got my new build together. Running into problems, Please Help!!

So I just got everything together today and have now run into some problems. I turned on my computer, set the boot priorities, popped in my Vista disc and restarted my computer. It goes to a black screen and says "Windows is loading" and then goes to the Windows startup with the green bars. When that is done, I get some really weird colors on my screen. The colors are aqua, grey, and dark grey. Also loading takes forever. After letting my computer sit the Windows installation comes up but still has the weird looking colors. As I am typing, my OS is installing on my new computer.

Why do I have these weird looking colors? I have installed this same exact copy on my other HP computer and did not run into any problems what so ever. What should I do?

Edit: The hardware that I have running in my computer right now are the following:

Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Intel E6600
EVGA 8800GTS G92
Maxtor L01F500 500GB
Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4 4GB total
Zalman 750 watt power supply
2 Pioneer multi format CD rom drives

Also I forgot mention that I bought my motherboard and processor early last year, and I bought the rest of of the hardware within the last month. Please help.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Re: Got my new build together. Running into problems, Please Help!!

Ok so the weird colors just went away by itself and now I am able to use my computer. Now I have a bunch of other little problems. Whenever I try to install the motherboard software, I will click setup and nothing will show up. This also happened when I was trying to install my video card driver too.

What I am trying to do is install the wifi software so I can get my other computers connected to the internet.

Also my internet has very slow and takes a very long time to load anything up. I have a 6mbps internet connection and I am downloading at 50 kbps. What is the problem with this stupid computer? Nothing seems to be going right.

Also I should probably mention that I am running Vista 64 bit

Old 06-11-2008, 04:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to ThirdLeft152

sounds like your running into some problems. you don't have to use the disc to install drivers for your pc if you already have some way of accessing the internet, plus you'll be receiving the most up to date drivers for your hardware this way. so check out nvidia's website to get the video drivers and asus's for your motherboard drivers.

the interweb is not solely dependent on your computer, your relying on the comprised infrastructure which creates the internet. however the most likely culprit is the server from which you are trying to download from.

My gaming rig:
ASUS P6T | i7-920 D0 @ 4.0GHZ - 1.25v w/ H50
GTX 460/768MB (750/1500/2000) | 12GB Corsair DDR3-1600 @ (8-8-8-24)
2 x PS-100 32GB SSD Raid 0 | 4 x WD 750GB Raid 5 | Corsair 620HX
Asus 21.6" LCD (1080p) | LG 32" TV (1080p)
Logitech G15 | Logitech MX518 | Logitech MX1100 | Razer Mamba
Heatware | http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=59417
Old 06-11-2008, 04:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdLeft152 View Post
sounds like your running into some problems. you don't have to use the disc to install drivers for your pc if you already have some way of accessing the internet, plus you'll be receiving the most up to date drivers for your hardware this way. so check out nvidia's website to get the video drivers and asus's for your motherboard drivers.

the interweb is not solely dependent on your computer, your relying on the comprised infrastructure which creates the internet. however the most likely culprit is the server from which you are trying to download from.
Well I am experiencing these very slow speeds on every site I try to get on to. My previous HP computer would get blazing fast speeds normally around 600kbps and websites would pop up fully loaded in seconds. I have to wait atleast 10 seconds for it to get onto lets say Yahoo!. It doesn't look like it is having a long time receiving the data because on the bottom left hand corner the status site says something like "Looking for www.yahoo.com" for a long time.
Closed Thread