Got me a new computer :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome slaymate! you're a boss. the computer is used, so i need to take it out side and clean it, especially the CPU heatsink, thats why my temps are so high, that thing is choked with dust.

ill clean it out and try those settings before flashing the new bios.

hmm.. the verdict is i am very lazy :/

i appreciate your input slaymate, dont think it has gone to waste... i will get to it.

EDIT:

Alright slaymate: right after i posted this i got off my rump and cleaned the computer, and added another fan to the cooler ( with rubber bands :) ) the second fan dropped temps 15 - 18 degrese across the board. proof that a push pull is WAY better ;)

download.jpg

download1.jpg

another thing that kinda scares me with this computer sit aht everytime i start it it kinda lingers at the boot screen for a good 3 minutes, is there anyway to speed that up?

Hmmm, mine takes 10-15 seconds before it boots and starts loading. It sounds like it's having a hard time identifying a device. Try disabling any devices your not using, in the bios, like the optional JMicron Controller, Firewire Controller, etc... Then try unhooking any extra components, like optical drives, spare hdd, etc... one at time to see if one of them is dragging the system down.

yeah i agree slaymate... its 65*F in my room and my idle temp is between 52 and 54*C

im thinking this xigmatech heatsink just cant quite cut the cheese...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom