Got a freind with a big budget, £2500/$5000

Status
Not open for further replies.
No its like having two dual core CPUs.

The two dual cores have their own L2 cache. They do not share it. They communicate with each other through the FSB only.

I know they're aren't quite true quad-core CPU's, but the whole thing is all on one chip so to be honest I could care less if it's two dual cores or one quad core.

hmm try a qx6850, an asus striker, 2 xfx 8800ultras, 4gb of cruciual ram a cm stacker 832, liquid cooling to oc liek a monster, and 2x 750 gb wd hdd in raid 0. and to top it off a 1000w enermax galaxy psu, then he can just pick up any disk drives that he need, and get windows vista for dx10 i sugest ultimate. here are the specs and the price.

NONONO! ASUS striker + 4 GB RAM = :(
Go for the eVGA NF680i

Don't get the 1000w psu you will never need that much power!!! A 600W will do fine
Don't get WD drives get Seagate or Samsung
SLI is a waste just buy a 8800 ultra and then sell it when a better card comes along keep selling and buying to get the best performance from a single card

I don't think he's concerned about spending money on two Ultras if he has 5000.00 for this build, and trust me, he's gonna need them if he wants to play Crysis on 2560 x 1600 with all settings maxed.

In the mobo it says it brings Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

A fuzion block

Do they mean a d tek fuzion watercooling block?
If they do I am in!

EDIT: I beleive it also brings a sound card... imo not so bad of a deal just gotta see if that fuzion cpu clock is what i think it is...
Does the q6600 OEM come with a box like the one the regular q6600 does?

how to pt this simply... no.. OEM means Original Equiqment Manfucturer so yio would get just the q6600

I don't think he's concerned about spending money on two Ultras if he has 5000.00 for this build, and trust me, he's gonna need them if he wants to play Crysis on 2560 x 1600 with all settings maxed.

I agree with this. I would think even 2x SLI Ultra would not manage Crysis at these settings. If this is the plan, buy an eVGA 8800 GTX or GTX Ultra, and use the step up programme for when a better, single card, comes out. It would also mean you don't have to use an Nvidia chipset motherboard, and could get, maybe, a P35 based one.

or 2 x 2900xt 1gb, they have higher memory bit-interface and more VRAM, correct me if i'm wrong but doesnt this benefit playing on massive resolutions?

yes.. usually at 1920x1200 or higher.. we actually recommend Crossfire and SLi...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom