Got the DS3R today and heres a very quick review - Page 7 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 07-14-2007, 10:57 AM   #61 (permalink)
Renowned Budgeting Master
Send a message via AIM to Sora
Default Re: Got the DS3R today and heres a very quick review

Yea don't know how but thats fine I couldn't get my stock northbridge back on anyway which I kind of liked. Whats funny is I sent an e-mail complaining I had to pay 9.10 for return shipping on a "defective" product and the head of RMA's sent me a message saying that I am responsible to pay for return shipping but since it was defective he would accredit the money back into my account...haha I love newegg

E6300 w/ Arctic Freezer Pro 7 @ 3.6ghz 1.4Vcore
Antec 900 Case
EVGA 750i FTW Mobo
4x1GB of G.skill DDR2-800
2 8800GT in SLI
22" Samsung Syncmaster
1 250GB WD and 1 Seagate 7200.10 in RAID 0
Corsair 520HX 3DMark06 Score: 13900
Old 07-16-2007, 10:21 PM   #62 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to Gabb
Default Re: Got the DS3R today and heres a very quick review

Originally Posted by Sora View Post
Good motherboard except I fried mine somehow just yesterday when I was putting in my cold cathodes and many other may have been defective but it worked once so I'm pretty sure I fried it. I have mine on RMA to newegg and normally if you talk to a customer service rep they will wave the shipping label fee both ways but their offices are closed so I just payed the shipping back to them (9.10) since I figured it was my fault I fried the board in the first place I will take the 10 bucks hit this time (and I wanted the label today hah) This is why you should use the wrist strap but I got careless hah

otherwise excellent board and I would get it.
WTF how did u fry it? Just from static electricity and not wearing a wrist strap?

Closed Thread