Got the DS3R today and heres a very quick review

Status
Not open for further replies.
The arctic freezer pro 7 is very good and will handle a Dual-Core with a a DS3R quite easy however a quad-core as B1 said puts out double the power therefore quite a bit more heat and the Tuniq is recommended. The DS3R lets you overclock to the max with very low Vcore however so you may be able to get away with an AF7 and a Quad-Core overclocked except you will be in the high 60's which is the new "acceptable" temp for them however the Tuniq would be in the 50's instead or something....My guess is with a DS3R since it uses such low Vcore to overclock a AF7 can be done however the Tuniq is more foolproof.

The arctic freezer pro 7 is very good and will handle a Dual-Core with a a DS3R quite easy however a quad-core as B1 said puts out double the power therefore quite a bit more heat and the Tuniq is recommended. The DS3R lets you overclock to the max with very low Vcore however so you may be able to get away with an AF7 and a Quad-Core overclocked except you will be in the high 60's which is the new "acceptable" temp for them however the Tuniq would be in the 50's instead or something....My guess is with a DS3R since it uses such low Vcore to overclock a AF7 can be done however the Tuniq is more foolproof.

thanks for all the info, ill go with the Tuniq then ( nothing better then a tuniq thought? ) since I plan to go for a q6600 come july 22nd. Also is there going to be any problems fitting a Tuniq onto the DSR3? Also when you spoke of temperatures ( high 60s ) you ment the mobo or the chips? When I had a e6600 my vigor gaming lite would keep the chips well below 25 celcius.

that is correct, i think even with the G0 stepping its still likely u may need a Tuniq Tower, just another one of Vernon's assumptions :0 xD lol i talk like my girl friend now rofl with the xD and the :0

Whats G0 stepping again?

thanks for all the info, ill go with the Tuniq then ( nothing better then a tuniq thought? ) since I plan to go for a q6600 come july 22nd. Also is there going to be any problems fitting a Tuniq onto the DSR3? Also when you spoke of temperatures ( high 60s ) you ment the mobo or the chips? When I had a e6600 my vigor gaming lite would keep the chips well below 25 celcius.

I mean the actual CPU itself is going to run in the 60's.

For the price, not really, although the TR U-120 is shown to beat it with the same fans used, I think. Some places show the Enzotech Ultra-X beating it too, some others don't. I would stick with the TT120 though.

For the price, not really, although the TR U-120 is shown to beat it with the same fans used, I think. Some places show the Enzotech Ultra-X beating it too, some others don't. I would stick with the TT120 though.

heck ya :) tuniq tower's are pwning for the price u payed for it, i mean its the same price as a zalman but cool's a lot better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom