Got the DS3R today and heres a very quick review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already have been paypaled 65 bucks. There was nothing wrong with it I just wanted a new board heh. I don't like the main power connector placement on the board as well as mine didn't like anythiing over 429 FSB and when I heard that the DS3R was a crazy overclocker board with a good layout I was all over that :p

Sora,
I'd like to know how the artic freezer pro 7 is sitting on the board. I have heard that some boards this HSF might present a problem.

Sora,
I'd like to know how the artic freezer pro 7 is sitting on the board. I have heard that some boards this HSF might present a problem.

just pull of the thermal pad cover, and just insert ur CPU,l ock it in with that lever and lay it on the socket

The board is only like 100 new and It has been used for almost 7 months so 65 is a good price really.

Also in regard to how the Arctic freezer Pro 7 sits on the DS3R. The Heatsink of the cooler sits about a 1/4th of an inch above the northbridge heatsink. it's not much but yes it doesn't touch so it clears the fins just fine heh. I was worried about that myself becuase the P5N-E didn't clear it however the DS3R does clear with an Arctic Freezer Pro 7

The board is only like 100 new and It has been used for almost 7 months so 65 is a good price really.

Also in regard to how the Arctic freezer Pro 7 sits on the DS3R. The Heatsink of the cooler sits about a 1/4th of an inch above the northbridge heatsink. it's not much but yes it doesn't touch so it clears the fins just fine heh. I was worried about that myself becuase the P5N-E didn't clear it however the DS3R does clear with an Arctic Freezer Pro 7

Hmmm is the tuniq 120 better then the Arctic Freezer Pro 7? I'm strongly considering the ds3r mobo now, so you would be a good adviser since you already seem to have a lot of experience in it.

The Tuniq 120 is considerably better, than the AF7 Pro. It's just more money, that you would have to pay for. I would recommend the AF7 Pro, for dual cores, because of it's low price. The Tuniq, I would recommend more for quad cores, since they put out quite a bit of heat.

The Tuniq 120 is considerably better, than the AF7 Pro. It's just more money, that you would have to pay for. I would recommend the AF7 Pro, for dual cores, because of it's low price. The Tuniq, I would recommend more for quad cores, since they put out quite a bit of heat.

that is correct, i think even with the G0 stepping its still likely u may need a Tuniq Tower, just another one of Vernon's assumptions :0 xD lol i talk like my girl friend now rofl with the xD and the :0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom