Got the bucks, but where to spend it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moondy

Beta member
Hey all!
Ok this is the plan. I want a gaming system that i wont need to update for at least another 3 years (and get rid of this crappy Dell Dimension 4600).

Though i just need a little help on a case, would these 3 fans be enough to keep my computer from overheating?
Ventilation Dual 80X80X25 mm Front Fan (Included)
One 80X80X25 mm Top Fan (Included)
One 80X80X25 mm Rear Fan (Included)

Also i dont know if i have to add a PCI card (USB and Firewire etc) or if it comes with the motherboard.

All figures in Australian dollars.

sytemvm9.jpg

From http://www.gamedude.com.au/

If there is anything im missing or i should get (not going to switch from AMD to Intel...prices would be wayyyy over!) then shoot at me!

Thanks in advance :)

an Intel E6600 out performs the CPU you picked and is also cheaper by about $100.

You could then use that money to buy a good Intel mobo like gigabyte DQ6 or Asus P5B or wait till more 680i boards are out.

Also make sure your case can fit a 8800GTX in.

First thing i suggest is making a compyter from somewhere else since stuff has reviews..and is much better. But if you really are limited or want somewhere in AUS then i built one with that. I used an E6600 C2D for 479 and then an Aus P5B DELUXE for 300 to make it the best mobo you can get for Core 2 Duo and then a Core 2 that will BLOW AMD away. Trust me do that and you will be set. Also dont buy windows, get a friends use one off another computer you own or ehem the last option which isnt very legal. Also That Ram is FAST but i dont think you need the 500 buck ones...go for the 460. Its about the same.

ok thanks for the comments guys, im pretty sure ill get my sister to build it for me (shes done like 2 years of computer tech she better know how too!).

Anyway thanks for the tip on the E6600, i compared that the FX-62 and in most cases was equal or better...and about $750 cheaper :)

Btw how many fans do you guys think i need for all this high tech equipment, i dont want to run into issues of overheating this baby.

well btw i already own Windows Home XP but i lost my disc some how.

However, i got TuneUp Utilities 2006 that tells me the Product ID and Key. Can i somehow download Home XP (legally for now) and then enter this product id? Dont really know how it works but i would like to save $130 if i could. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom