Good System Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazgul

Baseband Member
I am building a new computer. It will be the first computer that i've ever built, so I am going to need some help. I've heard that you guys really know what you are talking about.

I have a budget of about 2000 dollars.
-Don't need a monitor
-Don't need OS
-Dont need speakers

-Will be using for gaming
-explanations on what everything does (links to other threads work)

I'll check the forum daily. I will probaly be building the system after christmas. (January-Febuary).

-I can go above $2000 but alot.

q6600
Abit x38
Crucial Ballistix 2gb Kit (x2)
Pick an HD Size and Case and Optical Drive(s)
8800Ultra
Corsair 520hx

Is 4 Gigs worth it? Like if i buy 4 gigs, will my computer use all of it, or will it just be excess?

for the most part it will be excess but some people like getting it just so they can have 4. but 2 is about all most programs/games need.

i say get an x38 mobo a q6600 4gb crucial vista ultimate 64 a cm stacker or cosmos and sli 8800gt(you will need a 680i mobo which will limit ur oc a litle more) or crossfire 3870's with a 750gb wd or any 7200.11 rpm seagate. and get either a corsair 520hx or silverstone strider 600w.

i say get an x38 mobo a q6600 4gb crucial vista ultimate 64 a cm stacker or cosmos and sli 8800gt(you will need a 680i mobo which will limit ur oc a litle more) or crossfire 3870's with a 750gb wd or any 7200.11 rpm seagate. and get either a corsair 520hx or silverstone strider 600w.

I think i may disagree with that.. because I'm seeing q6600's hit 4.0ghz with 680i's... but I haven't seen a p35 board thats doing that yet....

vernog says get an 8800ultra? but wat about the 8800gtx 512? didnt it come pretty close to the ultra?

I think what i would go with is crossfire the 3870's like amd gt player said since they are close to 8800gt's in sli or better... and then spend extra money on a good keyboard and good mouse (your not gonna spend 2000 the hardware listed i think).... recommend keyboard topic is already started

http://www.techist.com/forums/f75/any-keyboards-worth-getting-161360/index4.html#post1258294

there are some good deals in there also for you, and as for the mouse go with a razor of your choice or G series logitech... its personal preference really though, dont forget to get a ratzpad also lol

Get a tuniq tower (vernog, mine fits in my case im postive, its not as tall as i thought... i was worried over nutin, thx <3) so you can OC that

and since he's building it after X-mas parts should be cheaper right?

Abit x38 Quad GT motherboard
q6600
Thermalright 120 Extreme
2 Scythe S-flex fans 64cfm
Stacker Evolution 830 no psu
2 ATI 3870 in Crossfire

Drizzt: gaming mouse-pad.....are you kidding me?
good gaming mouses are the G7, Revolution, and Razor Diamondback

4gb Crucial Ballistix
2 (2x1gb DDR2 800)
you WILL notice a difference in vista ultimate, but not xp over 2gb

and peter.cort plz dont recommend the 620hx because it has the same amount of amps on the 12V as the 520hx

as for case, the Stacker Evolution 830 is king of all cases, but the thermaltake armor, NZXT zero, and Gigabyte Aueroa (dunno how to spell that) are good full towers as well

for HDD get a seagate 7200.11 drive
note: raptors are outdated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom