A good spec machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tones better, almost perfect. But i was wondering i you want this for a gaming rig are you only going to be gaming on one monitor and using 3 for apps? if so the hd5770 will be great, otherwise you may have to get something with some more grunt.

Awesome! thanks.

I was thinking when I eventually go for three monitors I'd cross fire with another 5770? Am I right in thinking i could plug two into one and the remaining screen into the second?

I havent played games on a pc since oblivion came out so quite excited to go shopping, or try the legendary crysis. Can you run a game across three monitors, with the lateral two being like having side vision?

What is Eyefinity

about the monitors; if you mean like hooking up 2 monitors to the 2 dvi ports on one card, and 1 monitor to another dvi port on the second card, im not sure but i think this wont work.

from what i understand, you must use displayport for any 3 monitor combination. but you can get a displayport-to-dvi adapter.

I keep thinking of questions... :)

If I wanted to up the RAM a bit later on, would it affect the overclocking on the i7? Ive got to say the more I look into these things the more keen I am to try a build!

Ok so the other company came back with a match:

NZXT Gamma Gaming Case

3 x Quiet 120mm fans

Quiet Xilence 600 Watt 2 x 12V Quiet PSU

Intel Core i7 920 CPU overclocked to 3.6Ghz per core

Quiet Akasa Nero CPU Heatsink with 120mm fan

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 motherboard

6 GB GSkill PC12800 (1600Mhz) DDR3 RAM

Samsung F3 1000GB SATA hard drive

24x Dual Layer DVD +/- Rewriter

ATI HD5770 1GB PCI Express Graphics card

Onboard 7.1 channel sound card

2 Front USB 2.0 ports

6 Back USB 2.0 ports

Back Firewire port

Onboard Gigabit Ethernet LAN Network Card

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit installed along with the drivers (customer will provide their own key for Windows)

Two Year Return to Base Warranty (First year parts and labour, second year labour only)

Id definitely change the case, my concerns would be the power supply and ram compared to the corsair in the alternative.
Just shows you never know until you ask! Both would come in around the 1100 mark, with the above ending up slightly more with a different case. One bonus of the above build is the company is 20 mins drive away, the other is 300 miles.

Apparently the i7 should only be overclocked to 3.6 to not significantly reduce its lifespan (ie the 3.8 promised by the 2nd company)?

Please give some advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom