We seem to keep mirroring our systems. I remember back when I first built this and you OC'd further than me with a lower volt.
I completely concur with you about an OC not
having to be "Orthos approved" cause I dropped mine from 1.37v to 1.35v and no crashes playing WoW, CoD4 and Crysis yet. So, if you did well with that eVGA 680i I just might get it as well so I can copy you furthermore
as if getting the 2nd 8800GT wouldn't have been enough.
Also, my original intent behind purchasing the 8800GT was so I could play CoD4 and Cyris NOW
. What I mean by that is when the G92's come out, I planned on using the eVGA step-up program to purchase it which is why I waited so long so my 90 day time period stretches to mid February which is further than the latest estimate of the release that I've heard of being mid January 2008.
I digress. What I want to know is if anyone knows from experience if I could trade both of my cards in for 1 new one? I guess these scenarios below sum up my question as to what could happen better:
Scenario A: Trade both 8800GT's in for one 9800GTX (or whatever it will be)
Scenario B: Trade in each 8800GT for two 9800GTX's
Because if I can't do Scenario A, I might just hold off on a 2nd 8800GT because the G92 should be awesome enough to handle the games at high res and setting on my 24" screen.
Also, no comment about my PSU? Are the amps and/or 12V rails enough for SLI?