Good SLI or Crossfire Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,
The time has come where games are advancing so fast that not even the most powerful graphics card can really keep up.
I am looking into going to either SLI or Crossfire and wondering which is a good motherboard to support this. I've always had a Gigabyte one and have had no problems with them in the past. So any suggestions would be greatful.

I am either thinking about going with x2 2900XT's OR x2 8800GT's

However looking at the specifications, the 8800GT's don't look all that impressive as people say they are, the 2900XT out performs it on paper. However as we all know, in practicality this may be very different.

Cheers.

i wouldnt get sli but rather 1 8800gt since it is proven to be better than the 2900. i would really put my money on the new gts 1gb. i cant wait for that card

Well i'll have my SLI GT setup running hopefully this weekend. I get the feeling that im going to miss the fedex guy today, but luckily they deliver on saturday so i should get my board and psu tommorow. Pros of sli include better cards, cons are that you have to get a 680i or 650i board which are more expensive than p35 board. Pros of crossfire is that you can use p35 and x38 boards, the cons are that you have to use an ATI card which blows donkey.

Well i'll have my SLI GT setup running hopefully this weekend. I get the feeling that im going to miss the fedex guy today, but luckily they deliver on saturday so i should get my board and psu tommorow. Pros of sli include better cards, cons are that you have to get a 680i or 650i board which are more expensive than p35 board. Pros of crossfire is that you can use p35 and x38 boards, the cons are that you have to use an ATI card which blows donkey.

Hahahaha. hit the nail right on the head :p

Well looking at the benchmarks, I've decided now I will go with an 8800GT, but as I said, this could be expected since what is written on paper isn't always reflected in reality.
I'm ordering my 8800GT within the next few weeks.
veedubfreak, let me know how your SLI GT set-up goes ;)
Now to find a motherboard...

I just got my evga 680i board today. Excellent board. ACtually came with a raid disk. highly recommend if you plan on going sli.

p35 and x38 only support crossfire. If you want to do sli you have to either go 680i or wait for 780i.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom