Is this a good rig?

alright cool. what about any recommendations for cd/dvd/ blue ray drives/burners. on newegg it seems like not many come with playback software.

You don't really need any playback software. Google CCCP for all MKV/MP4/AVI/ect and DVD playback needs. As far as I know Bluray playback still requires paid software because of the codec licensing BUT I could be wrong as I acquire all mine digitally anyways.

also, do you think i should just go with the 980 or would i get significantly better performance out of 2 970s considering it would only be 150 dollars more or so.

also, do you think i should just go with the 980 or would i get significantly better performance out of 2 970s considering it would only be 150 dollars more or so.
Personally I would stick with one 980 so you can get another one later.

what benefits from thatt particular board are there over the asus that i had picked out?
Well for one, it's not an Asus. The biggest key difference being the M.2 slot. They're the only ones on the market offering a gen 3 x4 slot which will make a substantial difference pretty soon in SSD speeds.

Back
Top Bottom