Is this a good psu for the price?

These are better than the CM for the money.
SeaSonic M12II 650 SS-650AM 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Semi-modular Power Supply - Newegg.com
CORSAIR CX750M 750W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

The X650 gold is a monster, and a super quality PSU. It would be good enough to run a couple 670s, a 690, or probably even a few 770s with any current Intel CPU on the market.

Always buy in to quality if you have the money. The PSU converts and sends electricity to each part in your PC and can be the life or death of your whole machine under certain circumstances. If you can afford to buy the X series I would, but the two I linked will do you just as good if you plan to actually run two 780s or something along those lines.

These are better than the CM for the money.
SeaSonic M12II 650 SS-650AM 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Semi-modular Power Supply - Newegg.com
CORSAIR CX750M 750W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

The X650 gold is a monster, and a super quality PSU. It would be good enough to run a couple 670s, a 690, or probably even a few 770s with any current Intel CPU on the market.

Always buy in to quality if you have the money. The PSU converts and sends electricity to each part in your PC and can be the life or death of your whole machine under certain circumstances. If you can afford to buy the X series I would, but the two I linked will do you just as good if you plan to actually run two 780s or something along those lines.

Could i run my current system off of the gold SeaSonic for the time being and then use it when i upgrade.

Manufacturer-Cyberpower
Processor-AMD Athlon(tm)II x4 630 2.80 GHz
Graphics Card-Radeon HD 7850 1GB 256-bit
Motherboard-msi k9n6pgm2-v2(MS-7309)
RAM-Two-DDR2-800u 2gb
Power supply-Dynex 520w ATX
operating system-windows 7 64-bit

Last edited:
Yes, you can use that on your PC, then for a long time after that. Sean W. here I believe is running an IB rig with a 690 off the 550w Gold.

The gold cert only has to do with the power consumption and how hot it runs right? thanks for the advice

No 80+ gold certified is for the efficiency. It will run at 87% efficiency at 100% load meaning it wastes only 13% of energy as heat at 100% load.

Usually only extreme quality PSUs get Gold or Platinum. Titanium is only for the 220 market.

Gold certified PSUs typically have a very high quality standard for the components used in their PSUs besides the regular buzz (rep) from their lower end units like Seasonic for example.

Back
Top Bottom