Good Price?

Mattmatt

In Runtime
My friend is selling his computer, and I think I got it at a good deal. This is the price for all of his stuff.

Mobo: Asus P8Z77-VLK-$80
CPU: 3570k i5 at 3.4GHz-$160
120GB SSD by Kingston-$115
1TB HHD by Western Digital-$60
4x4 RAM (Don't know brand)-$90
Nvidia GeForce GTX 660Ti superclocked by EVGA-$240
HX Series HX750 Power Supply — 750 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold Certified Modular PSU-$110

APEVIA X-Trooper Series Steel ATX mid-tower $45-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811144267&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-Computer+Cases-_-N82E16811144267&gclid=CLfX34DflbYCFYje4AodSw0A8Q

CD Drive-10
Aftermarket heat sink-$30

Total:$940

All parts are 4 months old.

To add to that, as I've had the unfortunate experience of buying a used computer from someone in the past, despite if it's a friend, it was complete rubbish. I don't really know much.. About anything. But just make sure everything he says is in there, is in there.

My friend is selling his computer, and I think I got it at a good deal. This is the price for all of his stuff.

Mobo: Asus P8Z77-VLK-$80
CPU: 3570k i5 at 3.4GHz-$160
120GB SSD by Kingston-$115
1TB HHD by Western Digital-$60
4x4 RAM (Don't know brand)-$90
Nvidia GeForce GTX 660Ti superclocked by EVGA-$240
HX Series HX750 Power Supply — 750 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold Certified Modular PSU-$110

APEVIA X-Trooper Series Steel ATX mid-tower $45-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811144267&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-Computer+Cases-_-N82E16811144267&gclid=CLfX34DflbYCFYje4AodSw0A8Q

CD Drive-10
Aftermarket heat sink-$30

Total:$940

All parts are 4 months old.

That's a 'good' deal for what you're paying for in this setup. These days $900+ can go quite a long way, but, you at least paid less than $1 per GB on that solid state drive which is a true bargain. I am not truly aware of the brands to look for in SSDs, but the price is great. Keep in mind that 120GB is going to be mostly OS & Updates.

1TB of HDD space can be enough or a paltry amount depending on your personal tastes. I have a single 1TB external drive and 1TB drive in my system with 2 250GB drives in raid 0. Most of my space goes to steam, high definition video and music.

invest in a external drive and you'll be fine.

To add to that, as I've had the unfortunate experience of buying a used computer from someone in the past, despite if it's a friend, it was complete rubbish. I don't really know much.. About anything. But just make sure everything he says is in there, is in there.
I have been on this computer, seen it, and I trust the guy a lot. I have no worries in buying it used, when he bought this computer for a lot more than I am paying.

I have been on this computer, seen it, and I trust the guy a lot. I have no worries in buying it used, when he bought this computer for a lot more than I am paying.
I could buy a computer from Chuck Norris or the Queen of England, doesn't mean you should automatically believe them. You probably might not have to worry, but before handing over your 900 Bucks just double check, rather safe than sorry right.

Good luck though.

Back
Top Bottom