Is this Good overclocking 2g RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrZucchiniHead

Daemon Poster
ok i was origanally gonna get 1g but i heard alot of people talking how most games within the next year will require 1g minimum so i decided to go 2g. i just want to know if this RAM is good for overclokcing, cuase im a noob in overclocking i will need my uncles help for overclocking my new opteron 144. so i just need to know if this is good ram for overclocking an opteron 144(1.8ghz) to about 2.6ghz?

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820141227

and if this isnt i cant really go over about 175$ for RAM cuase my parents only gave me a 1000$ budget.

That stuff isn't going to go very far...it's already pretty stretched out just operating at DDR400 speeds

I still don't see the need for 2GB...the only two games that have actually shown a need for more than 1GB are BF2 and FEAR...FEAR itself is just terribly optimized and BF2 is understandable when you have a high traffic 32 person server to play on...two games don't justify spending that much more money on memory and if you're serious about overclocking you'll get nowhere with that sort of budget and 2GB

i play counter-strike: source and it usually use around 600mb of RAM but after receiving an update, it's now using over 1gb of ram cuz the update that they just released will take advantage of the 64-bit XP and utilize dual-core processors

it used to utilize only 50% but now both processors are 100% utilized. graphics are even so much better now. very big improvement and even smoother as well.

i think that 2gb is only good for people who has 64-bit XP and dual-core processors

i thought it just supported 64 bit processing? where in the update news/logs did it say dual core CPUs are supported!? I don't think so....not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom