A good motherboard for an AMD Phenom 9850

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you think its worth waiting for it for my budget build or will they be to expensive, coz i want the best o/c i an get with my 5000+ BE. the current mobo im thinking of is 790x-ds4. which is 136 from u mart.
If you're not going to use a Phenom CPU, I don't think the SB750 boards will give you an overclocking advantage over the SB600 boards. Though if it was me, I'd get one anyway.
Aside from overclocking, SB750 supports more RAID modes, more SATA ports, and more USB ports than SB600. That may or may not be important to you.

I think the difference between 790X and 790FX is the number of PCI-E slots the boards use. 790FX boards support up to 4 PCI-E 16X slots (which my K9A2 Platinum has)

yeah i might just go with a cheap gigabyte 780g after all, i dont really wanan spend alot on this build, but i did see a deal for a abit ip35 for $50, so maybe intel is still an option, only bought 8800gs,tx-2 and TRUE s far.

yeah i might just go with a cheap gigabyte 780g after all, i dont really wanan spend alot on this build, but i did see a deal for a abit ip35 for $50, so maybe intel is still an option, only bought 8800gs,tx-2 and TRUE s far.
a lot of the 780G boards only have a 3 phase power design though, so they can't always handle putting higher voltage into your CPU (which is really a fault of the board makers and not the 780G chipset itself)

Asus makes a few which have 4+1 phase (M3A-H/HDMI, M3A78-EM, M3A78 Pro)

a lot of the 780G boards only have a 3 phase power design though, so they can't always handle putting higher voltage into your CPU (which is really a fault of the board makers and not the 780G chipset itself)

Asus makes a few which have 4+1 phase (M3A-H/HDMI, M3A78-EM, M3A78 Pro)

i heard the asus 780gs dont even have simple features like ram voltage in their bios. ok ill stick with the 790x-ds4, i need my computer now and the overclocking improvements seems to be fixed on the phenoms for the new mobo's ne way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom