A good motherboard for an AMD Phenom 9850

Status
Not open for further replies.

a1r_pilot

Solid State Member
I have been try to find a good board for the AMD Phenom 9850 but all the ones the better boards that I look at seem to have issues with the AMD Phenom 9850. I also want to try and use a XFX video card too but if I have to use a ATI I will. Suggestions please.

I have been try to find a good board for the AMD Phenom 9850 but all the ones the better boards that I look at seem to have issues with the AMD Phenom 9850. I also want to try and use a XFX video card too but if I have to use a ATI I will. Suggestions please.

So are you planning SLI in the future?

check the 750a's or the 780a's

or if you just plain don't care check the 790x/790fx boards..

also Intel's are a bit better, and I bet half of the forum will jump down your throat saying that... but its your choice if you want them or not (if you don't already have the Phenom 9850 already, sounds like you do though..)

Newegg.com - DFI LANPARTY DK 790FX-M2RS AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
Newegg.com - MSI K9N2 Diamond AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA nForce 780a SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TPower N750 AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-DS4 AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX Ultra Durable II AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Oh ya, they are supposed to give better overclocking headroom than the current boards

I'm using an MSI K9A2 Platinum, which is a good board. Doesn't support SLI, but crossfire with up to 4 video cards.
But I'd say wait for boards to use the SB750 southbridge.

Or if you really want to use SLI, the 780a boards are pretty good.
But a single Nvidia card would work fine in any PCI-E board, AMD chipset or not.

How much are you planning on spending for the board, and video card?
what specific video card were you looking for?

how soon are the 790GX mobos away? and how much better are they then the 790x/790fx SB700's. should i wait to get one or should i just get my 790x now, sound like they bee to expensive.

how soon are those mobos away? and how much better are they then the 790x/790fx SB700's
790FX boards only have SB600 southbridges now (including my K9A2 Platinum). the SB750's are supposed to be able to allow better overclocking.

the SB750 southbridge has already been finished, it just needs to be included in some boards now.
There is one Foxconn board with an SB750 that I think might have been released so far. Asus should be about to release their M3A79-T

790FX boards only have SB600 southbridges now (including my K9A2 Platinum). the SB750's are supposed to be able to allow better overclocking.

the SB750 southbridge has already been finished, it just needs to be included in some boards now.
There is one Foxconn board with an SB750 that I think might have been released so far. Asus should be about to release their M3A79-T

i've read the foxconn's are released in china, but no other companies.

do you think its worth waiting for it for my budget build or will they be to expensive, coz i want the best o/c i an get with my 5000+ BE. the current mobo im thinking of is 790x-ds4. which is 136 from u mart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom