is this a good monitor, any recomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not true 1080p, because it doesnt support that many horizontal lines (it only has 1050). however, that doesn't matter at all, even if you have an hd dvd player or an hdtv tuner.

i think its a decent monitor, go for it.

Yeah, I would just get a 19", but I do have that same monitor hooked up to my old P4 rig, it works great, just one green pixel dead center on the screen

That looks good, but looking at your sig, you have a 7900GS. That might struggle on newer games, with that resolution. You might want to consider a 19", that has 1440 x 900, like this:
Newegg.com - Hanns·G HW-191DPB Black 19" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 700:1 Built in Speakers - Retail

If not, this 20" looks good too:
Newegg.com - ViewSonic Optiquest Series Q20WB Black 20" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 - Retail

well, how does the viewsonic compare to the scepter that i posted. is the viewsonic 1080p or whatever. i will be upgrading to a 8800gts, but i was just asking on the basis of the monitors and not with the entire system performance

Viewsonic, I think is better overall, with better quality. 1080p won't matter, since the native is 1680 x 1050. If you tried 1080p resolution, which is 1920 x 1080. I would imagine it wouldn't look clear. Only the native resolution, would give you the best picture.

yes this monitor was the one i wanted to buy but ended up blowing my money on something else i would suggest that one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom